I love to change my rooms from time to time. Painting my walls always makes the room feel fresh; new. Unfortunately, I simply cannot paint a wall every I need a change. One of the easiest and quickest ways I know to update a room is to add throw pillows.
A great pillow combination can make a huge difference and give your room a polished finish. Follow these quick tips to help you choose the right pillows:
- Size – the standard size square is about 18 inches and these work well on sofas. To create a more casual look use oversized pillows.
- In decorating always opt for odd numbers. Try 3 or 5 for sofa and 1 for a chair.
- Much like we create tablescapes for dinner parts, use pillows to create interest on your furniture. Use a combination of patterned, embellished, or oddly shaped pillows to create visual interest.
- Create interest by combining different textiles. For example a linen against smooth leather, or shiny pillows on a fuzzy sofa.
- Create a unified space by uniting the pillows in your room. Don’t matchy match, but instead coordinate by palette or style.
Kugler’s Home Fashions in Silver Spring Maryland, features a wide variety of throw pillows to match all budgets. Visit our website or stop by our store! We look forward to helping you!