Let’s face it: Maryland is HOT in the summer! When I hear the air conditioner come on in the early morning hours, I can see the money rapidly leave my wallet and head directly to the electric company.
At Kugler’s Home Fashions we are well educated in how different window treatments can keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. As a Hunter Douglas Gallery, we’ve chosen to partner with the leader in the window treatment industry. In 1985 Hunter Douglas invented Duette as a response to the energy crisis of the 1970s. That single product revolutionized the industry! Today, Hunter Douglas now offers Architella Duette shades. The secret is the honeycomb shape, with another fabric honeycomb shape inside of it. These shapes form three air pockets that trap air, providing wonderful insulation between the window and the room. No other company offers this type of product.
Without energy-efficient window treatments, as much as 50% of a home’s heating and cooling energy can be lost through its windows and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) estimates that homes throughout the country lose the equivalent of $35 billion in energy through their old or drafty windows. You owe it to your home and your wallet to see how beautiful saving money can be.
In addition to adding energy efficient shades to your windows try these tips:
1. Weather stripping all of the windows,
2. Caulking the basement and store windows,
3. Locking windows when heating or cooling,
4. Keeping our window treatments open during the day in the winter to bring heat into the room and closing them at night to keep the heat in your home,
5. In the summer keeping our window treatments closed during the day to block heat from coming in, and
6. Of course replacing windows with double paned windows.
Visit our website to view energy saving window treatments, stop by the store to visit our Gallery, or give us a call to set up a complimentary shop at home appointment (301-580-3222). We look forward to working with you.